Sports for Clean Water
Create a page
You’ve picked a passion, you’ve chosen a cause, now it’s time to get creative!
From soccer, to track, to LARP’ing*, there are plenty of creative ways you can make a difference. Here are some ideas to get you going!
*Live Action Role Play. It’s a real thing. Google it.
- Every time you make a goal/point = donation
- Points scored = amount of donation (Great for basketball!)
- Make a fundraising goal for your whole season ask friends and relatives to “sponsor” your season for a cause
- Do a Jump-a-thon or Jog-a-thon. Sponsors can give a certain dollar amount for small increments of time that you do an activity (Ex. $1/minute of jumping)
- Dodgeball tournament (pay to play)
- Auction off your jersey at the end of the season
- Fundraise at your team banquet
- During a sports game, advocate to have a portion of all ticket sales to go towards your cause!
- Work as a referee and give the money you earn
- Portion of concession stand sales to go towards your cause. (Or have a jar for donations at concessions).
- Host a viewing party for a big game and ask for donations
Today, nearly 1,600 kids under age 5 will die from diarrhea caused by dirty water, poor sanitation, and unsafe hygiene. Not only that, but kids miss school and risk their safety when they have to walk - sometimes hours a day - to gather water for their families.
When you raise money for clean water, you are helping save lives that are needlessly lost. World Vision is the largest humanitarian provider of clean water in the developing world, reaching one new person with clean water every 30 seconds! When we help a community gain access to clean H2O, we want to make it sustainable – community water committees ensure local ownership, maintenance, and financial resources to keep the water flowing. Sanitation and hygiene are important parts of our water solutions, and help ensure kids and families have safe facilities and practices that reduce contamination and spreading of disease.
Ready to dive in?
Feeling inspired? Ready to take the plunge and host a fundraising event to make a real life-changing impact on the world? Awesome! It’s easy – and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
- Create a page and customize your page with your pic, your story, and the reason WHY you are doing this.
- Set a fundraising goal so you have something to work towards.
- Spread the word, and post your own link on social media! Create an event on Facebook, send some emails, texts, snapchats… let ‘em know what you’re doing, and they’ll be lining up to support you!
- Plan your event – we’ll give you tons of resources so you know all about the issue you’re fundraising for. You will have what you need to make this awesome thing happen. Now go change the world for good!